GASPÉ, November 9, 2022– In parallel with the 27th Conference of the Parties of the UNFCCC (COP27) in Sharm El-Sheikh, Nergica, a renewable energy research and innovation centre, will host its second Transition Solutions Symposium on November 15, 2022, at the Marriott Hotel in Ottawa. Bringing together key figures in research, business and energy transition, this symposium is the only pan-Canadian event dedicated to the technological, social and political innovations needed for renewable energy deployment and the acceleration of the energy transition.
In collaboration with local stakeholders, Nergica aims to contribute to achieving Canada’s ambitious climate change objectives. Therefore, speakers will discuss which actions to prioritize to accelerate the energy transition in the coming years as well as challenges and solutions for the early deployment of green alternatives. Some panelists include:
- Peter Tertzakian, Deputy Director, ARC Energy Research Institute;
- Brandy Giannetta, Vice-President, Policy, Regulatory and Government Affairs at the Canadian Renewable Energy Association (CanREA);
- Yvan Cliche, Fellow, Senior Energy Researcher, Centre d’études et de recherches internationales de l’Université de Montréal (CÉRIUM);
- Moe Kabbara Director of Electrification, The Transition Accelerator;
- Sara M. Alvarado Executive Director, Institute for Sustainable Finance;
- Stuart Galloway, Executive Vice President, Société de financement et d’accompagnement en performance énergétique (SOFIAC);
- Mark Chapeskie, Vice President of Program Development, Electricity Human Resources Canada;
- Frédéric Côté, General Manager, Nergica;
- Eamonn McGuinty, Advisor to the Minister of Environment & Climate Change, Government of Canada.
“Energy transition is one of the most important challenges our society faces. To succeed, we need winning conditions. The Transition Solutions Symposium is an opportunity to define these conditions and link them to concrete actions with the objective of helping efforts to curb climate change. We believe that one of the outcomes of this symposium will be to promote useful and open discussions between key players in the clean energy sector. To play an advisory role to governments by supporting them in the energy transition, Nergica will share the symposium’s recommendations.”
– Frédéric Côté, General manager, Nergica
COP27: a globally favourable context
The topics being discussed at the Transition Solutions Symposium are closely related to the current challenges being tackled by several United Nations member countries, who have been invited to Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt, for COP27 until November 18. The Government of Canada will attend COP27 to reinforce its commitment to the Paris Agreement’s targets, including concrete and immediate action to limit global average temperature increase to well below 2°C.
For those interested in attending the Transition Solutions Symposium, please register here.
– 30 –
Nergica is a Canadian centre of applied research that stimulates innovation in the renewable energy industry through research, technical assistance, technology transfer and technical support for businesses and communities. Its mission: to create new opportunities for renewable energy. More precisely, Nergica specializes in developing solutions for renewable energy integration, optimizing wind farms and solar array performance and supporting growing SMEs. Formerly known as the TechnoCentre éolien, Nergica has been active for over 20 years in the renewable energy sector.
Virginie Aubé Pelletier
Cellphone : 514 243-0329