Job offer — Analyst, Research and innovation – Electrical engineering
Located in the heart of the Gaspé Peninsula, Nergica is a Canadian renewable energy research and innovation centre whose reach extends across the country. We offer development, optimization and support services in the fields of wind, solar and hybrid solutions for businesses and communities in an effort to accelerate the energy transition.
Ingenuity, the satisfaction of aiming ever higher, caring and engagement are the values that drive our multidisciplinary team on a daily basis. In more concrete terms, this translates into a diverse, inclusive workplace and engaged, astute experts that collaborate on a daily basis to achieve our mission: creating new pathways for renewables.
Analyst, Research and innovation – Electrical engineering
Reporting to the supervisor of research and innovation, the selected candidate for this position will apply his or her knowledge to various research projects (e.g. renewable energy integration, solar PV and wind). The selected candidate for the position will collaborate with other members of his or her team and expert analysts in order to complete the required tasks and research.
- Provide project managers with advanced scientific and technical expertise;
- Conduct various analyses related to applied research and technical assistance projects for businesses and organizations;
- Contribute to project identification, grant requests, and business development within the organization;
- Participate in projects that aim to optimize wind/solar farm production and to develop innovative solutions for the integration of renewables;
- Work with a young and dynamic team comprising nearly a dozen experts in wind, solar and renewable energy integration (connected and stand-alone microgrids);
- Prepare technical reports and scientific articles;
- Develop leading-edge expertise in wind power, microgrids and renewable energy integration;
- Perform on-site work such as equipment installations and grid optimization;
- Any other related tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering;
- Any other combination of training and experience deemed equivalent will be considered.
- At least two (2)years of experience; • Experience in microgrid modelling and numerical twins; • Good understanding of SimuLink software;
- Familiarity with power electronics;
- Demonstrated autonomy, professionalism and the ability to work in an open environment with an emphasis on learning and knowledge sharing; • Good writing, analytical and summarizing skills;
- Motivation to work on an array of projects in a matrix structure;
- Solid command of French (oral and written);
- Functional English (oral and written);
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Familiarity with computer tools such as Office and Google Workspace (plus);
- Experience in MATLAB, Python, and OSIsoft PI programming (plus);
- Familiarity with technical issues related to renewables in general, especially wind and solar (plus).
- Comfortable in a dynamic, team-oriented work environment;
- Ability to adapt in an innovative and constantly evolving environment;
- Good people and communication skills;
- Ability to anticipate (proactivieness).
The position is based in our offices in Gaspé and entails a 37.5-hour work week.
Salary commensurate with the experience of the selected candidate.
All applications and related communication will be treated as confidential.
Why choose Nergica?
- Because Nergica understands the importance of a healthy balance between one’s work and one’s personal life: flexible working hours, hybrid remote/office-based schedule, paid vacation between Christmas and New Year’s, right to “disconnect”;
- Because Nergica strives to foster its employees’ well-being through a series of perks: sports activity program, employee assistance program, active social committee;
- Because Nergica also offers financial benefits: insurance, retirement fund with employer contribution, annual salary raises, recognition of experience and training;
- And especially because Nergica is the perfect place for those who wish to grow and learn: frequent training opportunities, possibility to work in close collaboration with experts in different fields, advancement opportunities.
Interested parties are requested to email their CV and cover letter to Ms. Marie-Pier Minville at email@example.com