JOB OFFER – COMMUNICATIONS CONSULTANT – PERMANENT POSITION
Located in the heart of the Gaspé Peninsula, Nergica is a Canadian renewable energy research and innovation centre whose reach extends across the country. We offer development, optimization and support services in the fields of wind, solar and hybrid solutions for businesses and communities in an effort to accelerate the energy transition for all.
Ingenuity, the satisfaction of aiming ever higher, caring and engagement are the values that drive our multidisciplinary team on a daily basis. In more concrete terms, this translates into a diverse, inclusive workplace and engaged, astute experts that collaborate on a daily basis to achieve our mission: accelerating the development and adoption of renewables.
Nergica operates at the heart of the renewable energy industry, which is currently evolving at a rapid pace. Reporting to the head of communications and marketing, the person filling this position will enhance the visibility of the organization’s actions and services through different means of communication. A talented communicator, this individual has a good sense of organization, a strategic mindset and is capable of working on multiple projects in parallel, under pressure and under occasionally tight deadlines.
The selected candidate will plan and coordinate Nergica’s editorial calendar, media relations, public relations, website and social media. He or she will be responsible for following up on communication projects between the team and external suppliers, as well as for ensuring that communications are completed on time and on budget. The individual will ensure uniformity in Nergica’s communications and conformity with the organization’s branding guidelines. He or she will be responsible for creating varied content, notably the website, newsletter, social media posts or any other communications related to the department.
Within a short period, the selected candidate will become indispensable for:
- Developing the annual communications plan and actively participating in defining and implementing communication and marketing strategies designed to boost Nergica’s visibility;
- Planning and developing the editorial calendar for different digital platforms (website, newsletter and social media);
- Proposing strategies to improve Nergica’s position;
- Proposing communication tools to ensure that messages are sent in the short, medium and long terms while taking into account the specific characteristics of each audience.
- Identifying mechanisms aiming to reinforce collaboration and the sharing of expertise between internal and external players;
- Optimizing communications by following trends in the field and proposing new tools;
- Analyzing campaign data, statistics and benefits as well as suggesting improvements;
- Coordinating public relations;
- Developing, managing and maintaining government relations;
- Determining the angle of the message, the line of communication and key messages as a function of the target audience;
- Updating and managing the organization’s social media;
- Coordinating the translation and proofreading of various types of communication (press releases, invitations, social media posts, newsletters, website, reports, etc.);
- Coordinating the various development activities and updates for web-based platforms and being able to modify them;
- Developing and maintaining media relations;
- Overseeing conformity with branding guidelines, including the organization’s writing and graphic standards in all its communications, and training the team as needed in this regard;
- Indexing various web-based platforms, updating statistics for the number of visits and suggesting market strategies for their positioning;
- Promoting the employer brand and supporting the promotion of recruiting activities;
- Perform any other related tasks.
Nergica is seeking a dynamic and creative individual that enjoys teamwork, innovating and reinventing, demonstrates rigour and is capable of working on multiple projects in parallel.
University degree in a relevant field (communications, marketing) and at least 7 years of experience in a similar position. Different combinations of work/study experience will also be considered.
- Solid command of French, especially written;
- Fluent English;
- Ability to work alone, rigour and attention to detail;
- Creativity and curiosity for new marketing trends;
- Excellent capacity for planning and prioritizing tasks, flexibility and ability to adapt;
- Strong communication (both written and oral), analytical and summarizing skills;
- Familiarity with computer tools such as Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Mailchimp, WordPress and Canva;
- Interest in renewable energy;
- Familiarity with photography, videography, graphic design and printing.
The position is based in the town of Gaspé, though working remotely is possible as a temporary solution pending relocation.
Permanent position based on a 37.5-hour work week.
Why choose Nergica?
Nergica is the perfect employer for those who wish to grow, with frequent training opportunities, possibility to work in close collaboration with experts from a wide range of fields and opportunities for advancement, all in a dynamic, splendid and peaceful town.
- Because Nergica understands the importance of a healthy balance between one’s work and one’s personal life: flexible working hours, hybrid remote/office-based schedule, paid vacation between Christmas and New Year’s, right to “disconnect”;
- Because Nergica strives to foster its employees’ well-being through a series of perks: sports activity program, employee assistance program, active social committee;
- Because Nergica also offers financial benefits, including insurance, retirement fund with employer contribution, annual salary raises, and recognition of experience and training.
All applications and related communication will be treated as confidential.
Interested applicants are requested to email their CV and cover letter no later than May 30, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.