Job offer – Project Manager, Research and Innovation
Located in the heart of the Gaspé Peninsula, Nergica is a Canadian renewable energy research and innovation centre whose reach extends across the country. We offer development, optimization and support services in the fields of wind, solar and hybrid solutions for businesses and communities in an effort to accelerate the energy transition.
Ingenuity, the satisfaction of aiming ever higher, caring and engagement are the values that drive our multidisciplinary team on a daily basis. In more concrete terms, this translates into a diverse, inclusive workplace and engaged, astute experts that collaborate on a daily basis to achieve our mission: creating new pathways for renewables.
Project Manager, Research and Innovation
Under the direction of the Senior Project Manager, Research and Innovation, the candidate selected to fill this position will lead project teams dedicated to applied research and technical assistance for businesses and organizations. They are responsible for tracking their projects and ensuring that they are carried out smoothly. They may also be called upon to lead certain projects alone and/or to provide their colleagues with advanced expertise in their sphere of competence.
- Prepare service offers for clients and grant applications;
- Participate in projects that aim to optimize wind and solar farm production and to develop innovative solutions for the integration of renewables;
- Plan activities and ensure their coherence in order to meet and comply with the objectives, costs, schedules, expected quality and scope of the project;
- Coordinate the various activities of team members under their functional authority, as the case may be;
- Maintain open and consistent communication channels with the various parties involved (team, supervisors, clients, partners, etc.);
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and partners in order to ensure their satisfaction;
- Actively participate in identifying potential projects, clients or partners as well as in the organization’s business development;
- Provide colleagues with technical expertise as needed;
- Any other related tasks.
- Post-graduate university degree (master’s or PhD) in engineering or sciences, especially in fields related to renewables (mechanical/electrical engineering, physics, energy, etc.) and three (3) years of relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least seven (7) years of relevant experience including at least four (4) years in renewables;
- Extensive experience in project management;
- Experience in preparing grant applications for research projects (plus);
- Solid command of French and functional English (written and spoken);
- Ability to stimulate reflection for the implementation of a research plan related to the selected candidate’s fields of expertise;
- Experience in MATLAB, Python, and OSIsoft PI programming (plus);
- Familiarity with technical issues relating to renewable energy in general;
- Ability to work as part of a team on multiple projects and in a matrix structure;
- Autonomy, professionalism and ability to work in an open and learning-oriented environment;
Why choose Nergica?
- Because Nergica understands the importance of a healthy balance between one’s work and one’s personal life: flexible working hours, hybrid remote/office-based schedule, paid vacation between Christmas and New Year’s, right to “disconnect”;
- Because Nergica strives to foster its employees’ well-being through a series of perks: sports activity program, employee assistance program, active social committee;
- Because Nergica also offers financial benefits: insurance, retirement fund with employer contribution, annual salary raises, recognition of experience and training;
- And especially because Nergica is the perfect place for those who wish to grow and learn: frequent training opportunities, possibility to work in close collaboration with experts in different fields, advancement opportunities.
- The position is based in the town of Gaspé and entails a 40-hour work week.
- Salary commensurate with the experience of the selected candidate.
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. Interested? Email your CV and cover letter to Chanie St-Onge, human resources advisor: email@example.com
All applications and related communication will be treated as confidential.